- Record floods displace millions in Punjab
- Bayern survive late Augsburg scare, Ten Hag’s tough start continues
- Anti-immigration marches draw thousands in Australia
- Last-gasp Anguissa fires Napoli past Cagliari, Roma keep pace
- In meeting with President Xi, PM Modi pledges commitment to improving China ties
- Polish CEO Piotr Szczerek goes viral for snatching Kamil Majchrzak’s signed hat from kid
- Real Madrid overturn Mallorca as Atletico held
- Joao Neves bags stunning hat-trick as PSG put six past Toulouse
Author: Admin
LONDON: Leicester ended Birmingham’s unbeaten start to the Championship season with a 2-0 win against the promoted side at the King Power Stadium on Friday. Abdul Fatawu’s early strike and Ricardo Pereira’s late effort sealed the points for Leicester, who are chasing an immediate return to the Premier League after last season’s relegation. Birmingham came into the contest unbeaten in three games in the second tier since winning League One with a record points tally last season. But with star striker Jay Stansfield ruled out, Chris Davies’s side struggled to create enough to trouble Leicester. A shock midweek League Cup…
MILAN: AC Milan recovered from their opening day loss with a 2-0 win at Lecce in Serie A on Friday, where Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Christian Pulisic scored the goals in a match where the visitors again struggled to impress. Milan fell to a 2-1 home defeat against promoted Cremonese last weekend to put manager Massimiliano Allegri under pressure on his return to the club where he previously won the league title in his first spell. Allegri’s side began brightly and looked to have taken an early lead when Matteo Gabbia headed in from a corner but a VAR check disallowed…
NEW YORK: Elena Rybakina said her reunion with controversial coach Stefano Vukov has boosted her US Open campaign after she demolished Britain’s Emma Raducanu to reach the fourth round on Friday. The Moscow-born ninth seed from Kazakhstan — whose previous best result in New York was a pair of third round appearances — blitzed Raducanu 6-1, 6-2 in just over an hour on the Louis Armstrong Stadium court. Vukov could be seen shouting his support from Rybakina’s box throughout the match, in what is only his second event since a ban preventing him from entering all WTA tournament venues was…
The Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur will reopen for pilgrims once repair work is completed, likely within three to four days, subject to weather conditions and the Ravi River’s flow, government sources said. Cleaning and restoration are underway at the Sikh holy site after floodwaters receded, but the process has been slowed by power outages. Officials said heavy rainfall on Friday further hampered the efforts. Additional Secretary Shrines, Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), Saifullah Khokhar, said the gurdwara was inundated after embankments along the Ravi River and Nullah Bae breached. He noted that repair work on the embankments will only begin once water…
NEW YORK: Carlos Alcaraz surged into the fourth round of the US Open on Friday as American hopes of ending the country’s 22-year wait for a men’s champion suffered a blow with the exits of Ben Shelton and Frances Tiafoe. Spanish second seed Alcaraz breezed past Italian 32nd seed Luciano Darderi in emphatic fashion, winning 6-2, 6-4, 6-0 on the Arthur Ashe Stadium. Alcaraz’s one hour 44-minute victory sends the 2022 US Open champion into a meeting on Sunday against France’s Arthur Rinderknech, who defeated compatriot Benjamin Bonzi 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-2. Alcaraz is aiming to finish the season on…
RAWALPINDI: The Punjab Education Department has announced that starting in 2026, board examinations will be held for grades fifth and eighth. The decision follows poor performance in recent Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) exams for grades IX and X. Heads of schools have been instructed to begin preparations immediately. According to the notification, the Punjab Education Curriculum Training and Assessment Authority (PECTA) will conduct the exams. Officials said the objective is to strengthen students’ academic and intellectual training, while also improving board results for grades IX and X. Private educational institutions will be exempt. Participation will be voluntary for…
Taylor Swift’s maid of honour is not Selena Gomez? Taylor Swift’s maid of honour might have been announced and it’s not her best friend Selena Gomez. Shortly after the Lover singer and Travis Kelce, both 35, announced their engagement on Tuesday, August 26, fellow artists, friends, and industry peers flooded social media to congratulate the couple. Among other congratulatory messages, Taylor’s friend Priscilla Torres shared a post that created quite a buzz. “HE MADE THE CALL!!! He made the call!!! [clapping, heart eyes, sparkling heart emoji] Congrats Taylor [sparkling heart diamond emoji],” the ecstatic Mexican pop star wrote in the caption.”I…
August 28th was International Youth Day and World Hip-Hop Day. In the spirit of this intersection, Spotify revealed some compelling data illuminating how Gen-Z in Pakistan is transforming the way music is discovered, shared, and experienced on its platform. According to their statistics, Gen-Z users predominantly tune into the app between 10 pm and midnight, making late evening the prime listening window. Majority of users access the streaming platform through their mobile phones which remains the central device for streaming among the youth. Spotify also revealed that active playlist curation saw a 45% increase among Gen-Z users. This shows how…
Police present Farhan Ghani before ATC in Karachi on August 25, 2025. — Screengrab via Geo NewsKARACHI: Chanesar Town Chairman Farhan Ghani and other suspects were released from police custody after the plaintiff withdrew charges in the assault case, police informed Karachi ATC on Saturday.Farhan Ghani, who is the younger brother of Saeed Ghani, surrendered himself before the police last week after a FIR was registered against him at the Ferozabad police station on the complaint of a government employee, Hafiz Sohail, who alleged that he was attacked while supervising fibre cable work on a service road off Sharea Faisal…
SPAIN: Manchester City midfielder Rodri and Real Madrid right back Dani Carvajal have been included in the Spain squad for next month’s World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and Turkey after the two recovered from anterior cruciate ligament injuries. Ballon d’Or holder Rodri missed most of the last season with the knee injury before picking up a groin problem at the Club World Cup in July. The 29-year-old came on as a substitute in City’s 2-0 home defeat by Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League last weekend, having missed their opener against Wolverhampton Wanderers due to the groin injury. Carvajal, 33,…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.